For the longest time, I had trouble falling asleep until I got some good tips from friends and family, now things have changed for the better!
1. Take a warm bath/shower. I am not sure why this helps me, but I really think it’s because after I get out of the shower, I want to crawl under some cozy blankets.
2. Sound Machine. Awhile back, a friend gave me a sound machine as a gift, now I can’t life without it. I turn it on the “white noise” setting and it is very relaxing. It also helps cover up barking dogs in the neighborhood.
3. No lights. This is kind of a no-brainer, most people sleep at night for a reason, because it’s dark 🙂
4. Develop a Routine. Get up at the same time everyday and go to bed at the same everyday. Routines help a lot…just look up info about circadian rhythm!
On weekends or days that I don’t have any school work to do, I find myself getting a little bored. I’ve never been able to sit and watch TV for hours and hours, so I have always had to find other forms of entertainment. Lets be real, its better to be productive anyway.
- Clean one room in your house. Seriously, there is always a room in your home that can be cleaned.
- Get educated on something you are interested in. Sometimes I will watch political debates to see different sides to different issues. Also, the intensity of the debates can be pretty fun too! Do something to get a little more educated!!
- Make a budget. Making a budget can help you save money. Set a limit for eating out at restaurants rather than just eating at restaurants every meal. Try cooking at home 🙂
- Couponing. In addition to making a budget, couponing is a great way to save money!!
- Try positive thinking. It is simple, just try to train yourself to think positive. See the positive in every situation (even if it is difficult). We always hear the saying “see the glass half full, not half empty” this is a perfect example of positive thinking. Also, it is good to think of things you are grateful for (you will hear me say that a lot).
I am constantly in a group chat with my three best friends. We have been friends since high school, but unfortunately moved away from each other after school ended. Occasionally, when the time is right, we all get together, but when we are away, we are in a group chat. Anyway, I just asked them “what are 5 things a person can do to make their day better?” here is a list of their replies.
- Think of 3 things that you are thankful for. Maybe you are thankful for your dog, or thankful for the show Grey’s Anatomy, or thankful for the nap you got to take during your lunch break.
- Learn something new, just one thing (or more if you feel like it). Learn a new word, learn how to crochet, or even learn how to cook a new recipe! Just learn 🙂
- Take a walk. It is pretty simple, just go for a walk! Or if you can’t go for a walk, try to get some form of exercise, big or small! Lift a weight, do some squats, or pushups even!
- Force laughter. Right now, just force yourself to laugh, even if you don’t want to. It will make you feel great (or weird if you are in a room full of strangers).
- Complete a small task. Have a task that you have been meaning to do? Do it today! It can be as big as cleaning your entire house or as small as messaging a friend!
Have a great day!!!!!!!